儿童英语小故事如同朋友一样,陪伴孩子成长的同时,让孩子更早的接触了英语,有趣的儿童英语小故事容易让孩子对英语产生兴趣,非常有利于孩子以后的英语学习。小编特意选择了四篇中国典故翻译成的儿童英语小故事,让孩子在学习中国典故的同时学习英语。
儿童英语小故事一:坐井观天/Look at the Sky from the Bottom of a Well
There is a frog. He lives in a well and he never goes out of the well. He thinks the sky is as big as the mouth of the well.
有一只青蛙住在井底,他从来没有去过井外面。他以为天空就和井口一样大。
One day a crow comes to the well. He sees the frog and says, “Frog, let’s have a talk.”
一天, 一只乌鸦飞到井边,看见青蛙,就对它说:“青蛙,咱们聊聊吧。”
Then the frog asks, “Where are you from?”
青蛙就问他:“你从哪里来?”
“I fly from the sky,” the crow says.
“我从天上上来。”乌鸦说。
The frog feels surprised and says, “The sky is only as big as the mouth of the well. How do you fly from the sky?”
青蛙惊讶地说:“天空就只有这井口这么大,你怎么会从天上来? ”
The crow says, “The sky is very big. You always stay in the well, so you don’t know the worldis big.”
乌鸦说:“天空很大。只不过你一直呆在井里,所有不知道世界很大。”
The frog says, “I don’t believe.”
青蛙说:“我不相信。”
But the crow says, “You can come out and have a look by yourself.”
乌鸦说:“你可以出来,自己看看嘛。”
So the frog comes out from the well. He is very surprised. How big the world is!
于是青蛙来到井外。他十分惊讶,原来世界这么大!
儿童英语小故事二:画龙点睛/Adding Eyes to a Dragon
Mr. Li is a good painter. One day he draws a beautiful dragon without eyes.
李先生是位很好的画家。一天画了一条栩栩如生的龙,但是这只龙没有眼睛。
Mr. Zhou looks at the picture and says, “The dragon has no eyes. It isn’t a good picture.”
周先生见了说:“这条龙没有眼睛。这不算一张好画。”
But Mr. Li smiles and says, “If I add eyes to the dragon, it will fly away.”
可是,李先生笑着说:“如果我给它加上眼睛,它就会飞走了。”
Mr. Zhou shakes head and says, “You are boasting. I don’t believe you.”
周先生摇头说:“你吹牛。我不相信。”
Mr. Li isn’t angry. He holds the paintbrush and adds eyes to the dragon. Wow! The dragon really flies.