去海外出差对很多商务人士来说并不轻松,首先要过的就是语言关。小到衣食住行,大到商务洽谈,方方面面都要用英语沟通。这个时候你的英语口语还够用吗?不够的话也不要担心,今天小编特地为大家准备了出差的常见商务英语口语对话,还附带语言点讲解哦。
一、接机1.对话
A: The flight will arrive at the airport at 15:00 this afternoon.
飞机将会在今天下午3点抵达机场。
B: Anybody picks you up at the airport?
有人到机场接你吗?
A: My secretary arranged it. I just hope the chauffeur will show up.
我的秘书安排了。我只希望司机能出现。
2.知识点归纳
pick up 本意是“捡起,拾起”,因此pick sb. up表示“接某人”。
eg: I should have picked Susan up at the train station this morning.
我今天上午本该去火车站接苏珊的。
show up可以表示“使……显现,清晰”,在这里表示“出现、露面”。
eg: I have been waiting for him whole afternoon, but he didn’t show up.
我一下午都在等他,但是他就是没有露面。
二、消磨时间1.对话
A: When will the flight take off?
飞机什么时候起飞?
B: At 18:00. I still have one hour to kill. Any recommendations for where to go?
6点。我还有一个小时要打发。有什么地方可以推荐给我吗?
A: You can visit these duty-free shops. They are the best places to kill time.
你可以去那些免税店逛逛,那里是打发时间的好地方。
2.知识点归纳
duty-free shop指的是“免税店”。
eg: I bought a gift for you from the duty-free shop before I got on the plane.
我登机前给你从免税店买了个礼物。
kill time表示“打发、消磨时间”。
eg: My grandfather likes to kill his time by fishing and gardening after retirement.
我爷爷退休后喜欢用钓鱼和园艺来消磨时间。
三、倒时差1.对话
A: I'm on the road a lot recently.
我最近总出差。
B: That's not bad, you get to see other cities.
那也不错,你有机会看看其他城市。
A: That’s true. But I’m always suffering from jet lag.
是的。但是我总是深受时
差之苦。B: It’s a good idea to spend the first night of your business trip sleeping off the jet lag.
出差的第一个晚上睡一觉是倒时差的好办法。
2.知识点归纳
on the road表面含义是“在路上”,其实这里指的就是“出差”,相当于on business trip.
eg: I’m excited every time when I’m on the road.
每次出差的时候我都很兴奋。
jet lag指的是“飞行时差”,“倒时差”我们可以用overcome/beat jet lag来表达。